Thursday, September 30, 2010

hello, stranger


Malaysian royalty. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (2010).

***
After Australia, retracement of old footsteps continues on, to Malaysia. This is the homeland of both my parents, and breaking a personal 18-year absence from the equatorial tropics is important for different reasons, not the least of which are related to family.

Customary visits and non-stop food headline, while heat and humidity remain suspended in air, as I remember.

And, just like that, in an instant, I'm gone.

Hello. Goodbye. See you again, another time.


Spicy. Ipoh, Malaysia. (2010).


Bridging the blue sky. Putrajaya, Malaysia. (2010).


The old house. Ipoh, Malaysia. (2010).


Afternoon peanuts and oranges. Ipoh, Malaysia. (2010).


Putra Mosque. Putrajaya, Malaysia. (2010).


Traditional hats. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (2010).


Dodging traffic at Merdaka Square. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (2010).


Colonial train station. Ipoh, Malaysia. (2010).

2 comments:

  1. Did you know that my family and I lived in KL for 4 years? Wow, these pictures bring back memories. I miss it there. I hope to go back and visit sometime in the not-too-distant future... Hope you are keeping well, friend, wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tash. :)

    Yes, I think you told me once that you had lived in KL, but I had forgotten about it until you just reminded me.

    Hope you and the family are doing well, and that you're still taking lots of pictures. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete