Inching ever-closer to karōshi, there's little time for commentary this Sunday. Just let the music play, says the editor - and let the chips fall as they may.
Wish me luck.
Buffalo stance. Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, Canada. (2009).
Six Ways from Sunday is felix's daily starfish and waffles' resident music column. Your mix tape with a theme, clicking on the active links below lead you to full-length, third-party, YouTube tracks of the day's musical selections.
As always, happy listening.
1. Walking Around Waiting Downtown :: Reverie Sound Revue :: Reverie Sound Revue EP (2009). That Lisa Lobsinger is sure some kind of awesome. "It's like suddenly with something we're found out / While walking around waiting downtown."
2. Ten Thousand Lines :: Electric President :: Electric President (2006). Yup. Goddamnit. "They've got your name. They've got your number. / They've got your hopes, your dreams, your future. / They've got your loved ones by the throat / And soon enough they'll let you know."
3. The Bleeding Heart Show :: The New Pornographers :: Twin Cinema (2005). What, too much? "We quit the room / Quit so our thoughts could rest / Rest them, I'll never move? / That's when we grab a hold /Of whatever it is we fell into."
4. Look Up :: Stars :: Heart (2003). Good song, strange manga. "You're cold, maybe you just missed the sun / You fall, feeling like it's just begun / So far keeping it together's been enough / But look up: rain is falling, looks like love."
5. Chromakey Dreamcoat :: Boards of Canada :: The Campfire Headphase (2005). Can anyone make out what those voices are saying at the end of the track? If so, let me know.
6. Anyone :: Weeping Tile :: Eepee (1995). Reaching back, 15 years now. "I can see it in your eyes / You are still following that same line / It shouldn't come as a surprise / I said my love is kind, but not always that kind."