Monday, April 27, 2009

eyepoint


Walking in the forest on a rich carpet of green and flowers. Helsingborg, Sweden. (2009).

I needed to do a lens change, but everything I was carrying left me about three hands short for a two-hand operation. After a delayed moment of indecision, I jettisoned the heavy backpack, dropping it onto a forest floor carpeted lush in spring greenery and dotted white with specks of pretty flowers as far as the eye could see.

She gasped, baby blues wide open while holding both hands over her mouth.

"What?" I asked, clueless.

"The flowers!" she exclaimed in hushed tones, pointing anxiously to my backpack below.

Cute.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized, contrite, quickly picking up my transgression from the ground.

***
Funny how it's the little things that stick out in your mind, making certain people stand out from all of the others. I realize that little things often don't amount to much in the end. But just maybe, in a few of these random glimpses of character - and heart - there really is a significance here ... and just maybe, there's something to be said for that.


A bird's eye view. Helsingborg, Sweden. (2009).


The 100-metre dash. Helsingborg, Sweden. (2009).


Sleepy. Helsingborg, Sweden. (2009).


Dreamy. Helsingborg, Sweden. (2009).


Cartwheels by the sea. Helsingborg, Sweden. (2009).

No comments:

Post a Comment