Monday, December 15, 2008

san andreas


A calm, peaceful file photo of some ivy leaves in October, on a day when there wasn't an earthquake that woke me up at 6am in the morning. Lund, Sweden. (2008).

***
Well, that was a first ... but I never really expected it would happen in Sweden. About an hour ago, I was awoken by the rattling of my bedroom windows. The culprit? An earthquake(!) registering about 4.7 on the Richter scale, according to this article in The Local, Sweden's English-language newspaper. Exciting!

But no worries, lest you be concerned, me and the editor are fine.

3 comments:

  1. YIKES! Glad to hear all is well in starfish and waffles land. But what a scare...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nuts. Despite my area of study I still have yet to experience an earthquake. I wouldn't have guessed Lund would get "rocked" as the Local put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soho ... Thanks but the earthquake was kinda cool more than anything. I think 4.7 on the Richter scale was good: strong enough for it to be exciting but not so severe than anybody got hurt. My kind of earthquake.

    Blake ... It surprises me a bit, with all of the time you've spent in the Pacific Northwest, you were never involved in a shaker ... I'm sorry you weren't around to experience the Great Skåne Quake of 2008. It was great fun!

    ReplyDelete