Tuesday, April 01, 2008

wayward

Sixteen months ago, in the chill of an early Canadian winter, I had visions of island breezes sweeping over blue Mediterranean waters and a craggy Maltese shoreline. Since that night, I've always wondered whether the dreamy machinations of my mind would match the Malta of real life. Last week, I (finally) went to find out.

Here's a sneak preview of my Malta in March. More posts to come.


Well, I guess this sort of takes the suspense out of it ... I did, in fact, find my jagged Maltese shoreline complete with cooling breezes and surreal, turquoise-blue water on Comino Island, Malta. (2008).


The sun sets over the lovely Upper Barrakka Gardens in Malta's capital, Valletta. (2008).


For the love of the game. Vittoriosa, Malta. (2008).


The hard-working, colourful fishing village of Marsaxlokk, Malta. (2008).

6 comments:

  1. I'm headed there next month, after the workshop in Rome. Can't wait to hear more about your trip – and see more enticing photos, perhaps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture is absolutely stunning!! The colours a perfectly heavenly. I want to be there... NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda ... Malta's great, I hope you enjoy it muchly. If you have any specific questions, you know where to find me. May I ask if you'll be doing some diving? As for my short trip there, the editor is putting great pressure on me to get more posts and pics up, so check back frequently.

    Sohobutterfly ... Thank you. I had a circular polarizing filter on my Zuiko 14-42mm lens to cut down the reflection of the bright sun and get those colours. If you get the chance to go to Malta ... go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic! you've done a great job with the snaps... i love and miss malta, and it all came rushing back with your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Daphne, Malta definitely was a nice little mix of everything good about the Mediterranean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't looked into the diving scene there, DB, but perhaps I will.

    The trip is just a few days – a quick look-see, though. But that's never stopped me before...

    ReplyDelete