Monday, April 21, 2008

lost in the lightroom

It's been a full three weeks since I've come home from Malta, but I'm still chipping away at the backlog of photos I need to post-proccess. Here are a few of the latest released from the lightroom. All involve the Three Cities region of the island nation.


Fishin' off the St. Lorenzo Wharf in Vittoriosa, Malta. (2008). Across the water is the skyline of Senglea, which joins sister cities Vittoriosa and Cospicua as the Three Cities.


Vintage Malta moored in Dockyard Creek, which separates Senglea on the left and Vittoriosa on the right. (2008).


The Maritime Museum is one of Vittoriosa's main visitor attractions. (2008).


The popular Vittoriosa Waterfront (a.k.a. the Pinto Wharf) on a sunny Maltese afternoon. (2008).


An after-sunset shot of Senglea, Malta, taken from the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta. (2008).


An industrial panorama of working dry docks of Grand Harbour. (2008). The tip of Senglea is on the left. In the foreground are cannons which guard the base of the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta.


The Church of St. Lawrence in Vittoriosa, Malta. (2008). The kid pictured above noticed I was trying to take photos of the cathedral and assumed I was waiting for the Sunday mass, which had yet to begin. "Church opens at 5:30, Mister," he said cheerful, accented English.

6 comments:

  1. Great shots! How do you like Lightroom compared to CS2/CS3? I use CS2, and I like what it can do, but I've heard the the workflow is easier in Lightroom. Hmmmmmmm... *thinking*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Soho. Workflow in Lightroom is superior to anything else I've used, but I will say that LR's RAW conversion capabilities are inferior to both Apple Aperture and the proprietary stuff from Olympus. Efficient workflow is important though, as I don't have the time or patience to post-process very much. Hence, Lightroom.

    Can't comment on CS2/CS3 ... I haven't used a full version of Photoshop since v5.0(?), which dates back to the Windows 95 era. My impatience for PP and the cost of the software are inhibiting factors preventing me to take the plunge, at least for the time being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These shots are stunning! You are such a wonderful photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rebecca, it's much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just home from Malta – your shots capture it wonderfully. Compliments!

    Did you bus around? I hired a car, which kicked up the adrenalin a few notches. I'd probably use public transport next time, though scraping around the old cart tracks in the countryside was amusing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, how did you enjoy Malta? How did the workshop go??

    Thanks for the compliment on the photos ... I hope you managed to snap a few to share, also.

    I did bus around - in fact, I've been meaning to do a post on the buses but haven't gotten around to it yet - and that's an adventure in itself. Haha, can't believe you braved driving with those crazies on the potholed, Maltese roads. You're a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete