Saturday, September 29, 2007

in living colour

We took a poll around the head offices of starfish and waffles and the results came back unanimous: fall is the most colourful season of year. Unfortunately, in these northern climes, it also happens to be the shortest. So here's to enjoying it, while it lasts.


A morning shot of Adelgatan, one of the prettiest streets in southern Sweden. (2007).


A veritable spectrum of flowers and berries at the Lund Botanical Gardens. (2007). Anyone have any idea what kind of shrub this is? The editor dared me to eat a few berries, but I declined, sensing it was a trick. It was probably a good move since I prefer not having my head swell up like a beachball.


Doing a little tripod work under the changing canopy of Lund's towering aspens. (2007).

P.S. It's come to my attention that for those of you out there with Mac OS X and Firefox setups, the photos that we post on starfish and waffles and dingobear photography systematically turn out desaturated and washed out. We did a little investigating as to why this happens and, apparently, Firefox doesn't respect native colour profiles. While Mozilla fixes this issue, switch over to Apple Safari in order to see starfish and waffles in true living colour!

5 comments:

  1. Great thing I'm using Ubuntu. This tower Aspen Autumn colour is splendid! I'm using it as my wall paper now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photo of the leaves. It's still summer here... not sure when fall will finally hit us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great eye for photos.

    I love the yellow house.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just conducted a very scientific study on the color discrepency between Firefox and Safari by asking my neighbor's cat which picture he found more vibrant. Without fail, he chose the Safari photo. Although, I admit that the Safari side of the screen was closer to the petting hand. Yet another case of poor preparation and botched science...
    Either way, the photos are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous ... glad to hear that everything looks good in Linux! And you're welcome!

    Katie ... although I love the colours of fall, I'd be lying if I didn't say that a part of me still wishes it were summer.

    Zoe ... thanks, but it's definitely not difficult to get a good photo here in photogenic Sweden.

    -c ... intriguing experiment ... as my editor says, animals always know best! And thanks. :-)

    ReplyDelete