Wednesday, March 14, 2007

the ides

Poor Julius Caesar (or "Julie", as I like to call him) ... he never did see it coming. One moment, he's the toast of the Roman Empire, the most toga'd empire of them all. The next, 60 of his contemporaries, including his best buddy, are daggering him in the back. Croutons!


The Pomegranate Julie is a good way to keep yourself safe from harm on the spooky Ides of March.

2051 years after the unfortunate assassination of ol' Julie, so begins another March 15, the most infamous day of a generally suspect month. What troubles and devious plots lurk on this particular Ides of March? Could you be a target?

Our advice: don't worry about it. Just take the day off from work, put on your best toga, and pour yourself a cold drink. If you're drunk, you'll be safe. I promise.

Pomegranate Julie
1.35 oz. Gin
1.35 oz. Pomegranate-Cranberry Juice
1.35 oz. Raspberry Juice
2.70 oz. Sparkling Grapefruit Pop (Soda, Coke, Soft Drink, Carbonated Diabetes in a Can)
1 Splash of Grenadine or Pomegranate Syrup

Pour the ingredients listed above over ice in an old-fashioned glass. Garnish with slices of lemon and orange. Stir. Drink. Toga down!

On this Ides of March, the Pomegranate Julie is the preferred way to remember everyone's favourite fallen Roman dictator. If you'd rather have a disgusting Bloody Caesar instead, there's something wrong with you, child. R-O-N-G wrong! And no, that's not a typo - that's how wrong you really are! Long live Julie!

Interested in more original starfish and waffles drink recipes? Check out the links under the "Bartending School" heading on the left sidebar of this webpage. Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Stab me in the back... Just, get me a shot of pomegranate-cranberry juice on your way out!

    Sounds good, and I will have to try it soon!

    One question: Will the experience of my taste buds be more improved if I choose to mix this drink with 'diabetes in a can' rather than a splash of succrine-saturated Sprite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! I'll take two (Just like Jules I had a very bad March 15th).

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds great. I know what I'm making at my next party!

    Good luck with March! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. -c ... one pomegranate-cranberry juice, comin' right up! As for your question, I suppose whether "diabetes in a can" or "succrine-saturated Sprite" will create a better mix is a matter of personal taste. Me, I definitely prefer to use POP. :-)

    Rebecca ... sorry to hear you had a bad March 15th ... your two Pomegranate Julies are on the house, and we wish you a much better St. Patty's Day!

    Katie ... thanks Katie, hope you have a lucky March, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DRUNK! (^O^)

    ReplyDelete