Saturday, December 09, 2006

where on the globe?

The last time we held a guess-the-location-of-the-photo contest here at starfish and waffles, we had no winner. And to this day, I am still bitterly, bitterly disappointed. In ALL OF YOU. Especially those of you who weren't around back then to guess. You know who you are!


Try to guess the location of this photo I took. Come on, go ahead, give it a try. Admit it. You have no idea. You have no chance. I laugh at your impending wrongness! Bwahahahaha!

But, happily, we're all about second chances around here, so ... here's your second chance. Contest instructions: see the photo above ... read the following customary haiku hint ...

Far from anywhere
But can you see the ocean
On the horizon?

... and click on the comments link below* to register your guess. Be specific - because anyone who guesses anything vague like "the Western hemisphere" or "Asia" will be mercilessly mocked and taunted by me and the editor forever and ever!

So what's in it for you? The first person who gets it right wins fame, fortune, and a year's worth of free meals at the starfish and waffles café!

* Note: asking you to comment on this post does not make me a comment whore. Or, wait, maybe it does. Nevertheless, quit judging me! You have no right!

11 comments:

  1. Well, after careful study of the position of the sun, cloud patterns, drought-resistent shrubbery, rock formations, and dirt consistency, I have determined that... i have no idea where that is. My guess is Australia. WA. That's as specific as i get. How about some more clues for us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. -c, you're good. Yes, the picture is, indeed, from Western Australia. For your fine investigative efforts, you've won a preliminary prize ... an hour-long photoshoot with the editor! Congratulations, gumshoe!

    However, our judges say that the answer of "WA" is insufficient for the grand prize, so here's your next clue: the desert pictured is located in a national park. Name the desert and the national park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nambung National Park (Pinnacles Desert) 250 km north of Perth in Western Australia. Specific enough for you? I like to travel, even if it is vicariously through others. And since I have been to Oz land myself, it has a special place in my heart! I know how much you enjoyed your time in Perth and area.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was going to say Australia too.
    Not that I know exactly where it is like -c or k do. not even close but it's a guess dammit, you comment whore you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What...an hour long photoshoot? I think I've heard this SCAM before.

    It starts off innocently enough. My, my...what nice eyes you have. I can't wait to see how they'll light up on film.

    Are you comfortable? Are you sure it's not too hot? Here...why don't you take off that shirt.

    Next thing you know you are BUCK NAKED.

    I must protest this shameless abuse of power. Unless, of course, you require someone to help with lighting; in which case I'm ALL IN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. k ... Kerstin? Is that you? Good job, kid, you're our winner! Now, of course, as you're probably aware, the Starfish and Waffles Café doesn't exist yet, so you'll have to wait a few years before you collect your prize ...

    Katie ... Did you just call me a "comment whore?" Quit judging me! You have no right!

    TSM ... C'mon now, give more credit. I don't do that kind of thing ... anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. David Hasselhoff12 December, 2006 10:37

    Quit comment whoring and start click frauding!!!!!!!!!! You comment whore you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep it is me. Good guess-thought I gave you enough hints as to who I was!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your right I don't. but I really did mean it in a nice way. *hopeful smile* don't believe me do you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. David Hasselhoff ... how you never became a bigger star after Knight Rider and Baywatch is beyond me. Where's KITT?

    k ... Ha! I knew it was you! How's the baby? Merry Christmas to you, too!

    Katie ... I was just kidding! Sorry, if you thought otherwise. Sometimes sarcasm is hard to convey in written form. :)

    ReplyDelete