Monday, September 11, 2006

dingobear 10,000

Here at starfish and waffles, we live to celebrate the little things in life. Like sunflowers. Ambidextrousness. And long walks through dewy meadows.* Therefore, you shouldn't be surprised that when we recently surpassed 10,000 hits on the website counter, we felt it was only appropriate that we properly commemorate this milestone event. How so? With a new drink recipe, of course.


The fun-loving, hard-drinking editor of felix's daily starfish and waffles enjoys the fittingly-named cocktail, The Editor.

The Editor
1.35 oz. Canadian Whisky
0.12 oz. Maple Syrup
3 to 5 oz. Root Beer

Over ice, pour the above ingredients into a chilled cocktail glass. Add a maraschino cherry. Stir. Garnish with a slice of starfruit. Celebrate dingobear 10,000!

In addition to its obvious celebratory connotations, The Editor also works well as a sweet, bubbly, fall drink, what with its pleasing earthtones and warming sensation. Enjoy!

* Did I really just write the phrase: "long walks though dewy meadows?" You bet I did!

10 comments:

  1. Chilli Crab!! Yayyyy!!!!!! (^O^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmm, maple syrup ........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never heard of a drink with starfruit and I love starfruit. I think I may have to try this one. Now do you have to use Canadian wiskey and can you use just any kind of maple syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. anonymous ... huh? (^o^)

    mmmmmm ... Mmmmm, indeed. Real maple syrup, mmmmm.

    Michelle ... If you love starfruit, you have great taste. When mixing "The Editor" pictured, I used Black Velvet Canadian Whisky (which is moderately priced in Canada but probably expensive as an import in your neck of the woods) and real maple syrup from Quebec ... but my editor says any kind of whisk(e)y or maple syrup would do. Also, if you want to try another drink with starfruit, try the Star Martini (check out the link under "Bartending School" on my sidebar).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Ten-thousand hit anniversary to you and the editor! Though I can't share in the mentioned mixed drink just now, I'll raise my Ambar Dos Equis in solidarity!

    May you have many hits to come; may they be filled with happiness and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you -c, a big reason for our success is your support, so cheers to you!

    (Mmmmm, Dos Equis Ámbar ...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for my delayed response (school is kicking my ass in a great way; I like it rough) but I followed your recipe and I LOVE this drink. (I should note that my syrup was only of the grocery store variety and it was still deeeelish.)

    Happy 10,000!

    ReplyDelete
  8. long_division said: "school is kicking my ass in a great way; I like it rough"

    Hahaha! Oh Penny, your sense of humour is ever-consistent like the sunrise or the belt of whisky I drink every morning. Good luck in school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How in the bloody hell to you measure 0.12 oz???

    Oh well...I just pour til it "looks about right".

    ReplyDelete
  10. TSM, here at starfish and waffles, we're very exact. Also, "0.12 oz.," as opposed to "one splash," makes it sound like we know what we're doing.

    ReplyDelete