Friday, December 30, 2005

neither here nor there in week 52

For me, the week between Christmas and New Year's is almost always an uneasy time. There's just something inherently unsettling about being caught between what'll be left unaccomplished in the current year and the inevitable burden of expectations for the upcoming year.


Transamerica Pyramid and Sentinel Building, San Francisco, California (2005). Was looking through some of my old travel pictures and thought this one of the modern, iconic Transamerica Pyramid and the old, 1906 earthquake- surviving Sentinel Building would be fitting for my last post of 2005. I snapped this photo last January with my 35mm Olympus Stylus while waiting for a stoplight at the intersection of Kearny and Columbus in the middle of a blue sky rain.

It's the same story this year and here in week 52, once again I find myself neither here nor there. But who knows? Maybe this time next year, things will be different.

Thanks for taking the time to read my website over the past nine months. Have a Happy New Year and make 2006 your own the best way you know how, because it's the only way it's going to work. (And don't forget to check in here from time-to-time to make sure I'm following my own advice).

Cheers,
Felix


Sunset over Mont Royal while looking west on Rue University, Montréal, Quebec (2003). I made several business trips to Montréal (Canada's best city, in my opinion) over the summer of 2003 and took this photo while I was on my way out to meet a friend for dinner. Yes, it's yet another sunset photo posted on my site. Lest that this read like a personal ad, but what can I say? Photography is remarkably similar to the reality it attempts to capture ... the light at the end of the day is better for taking pictures just like the end of the year is better for personal reflection. Or something like that.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New year!
    May it be everything it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. insightful! I hope only the best for you in the new year. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete