Sunday, December 04, 2005

i can't feel my toes

It gets damn cold in Canada during the month of December. The current temperature: -21C (-6F). Why humankind decided to settle here on the frozen tundra in the first place is beyond me. Perhaps humankind was on crack? Why I consciously choose to live in this country is also a mystery. Perhaps I am on crack?

There's even a polar bear outside my window right now. (Oh, by the way, he says "hi.") Meh. I know it's only 8:30am, but already I need a drink.


Dr. Felix says: "You'll feel less cold if you're drunk." Prescription: the Polar Bear Milkshake. Just hook it up to my veins!

Polar Bear Milkshake
0.67 oz. Crème de Cacao
0.67 oz. Vodka
4-5 oz. Milk
3 dashes Nutmeg
3 dashes Cinnamon

Combine the first three ingredients in an old-fashioned glass and stir with ice. Sprinkle on the nutmeg and cinnamon. Garnish with a fresh strawberry.

The Polar Bear Milkshake is the perfect December drink to sip on while you and your special someone are cuddled up in front of the fire. The nutmeg and cinnamon will have you dreaming of the Caribbean. The strawberry will let you reminisce about summer. The vodka will get you drunk. Talk about win-win-win!

Are you living in the Southern hemisphere where it's currently summer or at a latitude where there is no winter? You lucky bastard, you. But in spite of my envy, I would be remiss if I didn't mention that, for you, the Star Martini might be a more appropriate seasonal beverage.

4 comments:

  1. I just made the Polar Bear Milkshake! But I'm missing the Creme de Cacao. And the milk. And I hate strawberries because of all of the seeds. What I'm trying to say is...I'm drinking vodka. Lots of vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with lots of good vodka!

    Any suggestions for those stuck in the wind, between the fireplace Polar Bear Milkshake and the sun-bathing Star Martini?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i will definitely be making one, well more than one of those. Alcoholism ensues along with UnemploymenT!!!!! :) Oh no.........i forgot, i'm unemployed now! How am i going to pay for the necessary igredients to make several of these Polar Bear Milkshakes?!:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long Division - I'm intrigued by your take on the Polar Bear Milkshake. I'm trying it right now and I gotta say, it's not without its charm.

    -C - Hmmm, I'll try to come up with something that'll get you nice and wasted. Check back for future posts.

    Colonel Sanders - I thought you dead! Unemployed? What about all of your chicken restaurants? If you can't afford all of the Polar Bear Milkshake's ingredients, maybe you could just shoplift some cheap bourbon or something.

    ReplyDelete