Wednesday, October 26, 2005

my simulated reality tv life: episode two

And now, the much-anticipated new episode of My Simulated Reality TV Life, a simulated reality series exclusive to your favorite website, felix's daily starfish and waffles. Miss the last episode? Click here for a rerun and catch up.


Bridgette blasting her quads before the upcoming semi-pro soccer season. I don't know about the cherry-red jumpsuit but she sure has cool sneakers.

Episode Two
In real life, I must work to pay the bills. Therefore, in My Simulated Reality TV Life, it only follows that the simulated me must also work to pay the bills. In the last episode, we learned that I'm working in the field of medicine. For now, I'm only an ambulance-driving paramedic but you and I both know it's only a matter of time until I become a world-renowned neurosurgeon. But what about new wife Bridgette?

Since I met, proposed to, and married Bridgette in less than 20 minutes - what can I say, I'm very convincing - I neglected to ask her what she did for a living. So, you know, I ask. Her answer? Semi-pro soccer player. Cool! Makes sense, too, since this is one profession where Bridgette's deforming hand disability won't be a problem. In addition, if she ever makes the big leagues, we're going to be rich, rich, rich! Yes!! Everything is coming up simulated Felix.


The simulated me, hanging my head in shame after being fired as a paramedic.

Or is it? That night at work I'm faced with a difficult dilemma. I'm driving the ambulance while me and my partner are responding to a critical emergency. Problem is, we're stuck in a traffic jam two miles long. Do we get out and run 20 blocks to save the patient or do I steer my ambulance onto the sidewalk? To me, the answer is obvious: sidewalk.

However, I soon learn there's a reason why ambulances don't often speed down the sideWALK ... so yeah, I guess sometimes people walk on them. Anyway, long story made short: there's this old lady who's walking on the sidewalk and I don't see her and, well, let's just say there's some, um, "unpleasantness."

Luckily, the old lady doesn't die - immediately. But here's the real tragedy: when my supervisor finds out, I get fired!


A close-up of my shame. What am I going to tell Bridgette?

Now what am I going to do? How am I ever going to become a doctor so I can prescribe myself drugs? What am I going to tell Bridgette? Will she leave me? Tune in to the next episode of My Simulated Reality TV Life and find out!

Scenes from My Simulated Reality TV Life are brought to you by The Sims 2.

9 comments:

  1. I was just clicking the next blog button and found yours...I love your Sims 2 reality show. I was laughing so hard I almost dropped my laptop! Thanks I needed that!!

    (I'm addicted to my Sims too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the eradicatttooorrr27 October, 2005 20:50

    Two converging lenses are placed 52.0 cm apart. the first lens has a focal length of 10.0 cm and the second lens has a focal length of 13.0 cm. An object is placed 13.0cm from the first lens , determine:

    a) the fianl image location
    b) the final magnification

    ReplyDelete
  3. When a 150W light bulb is placed 10.0 cm from a meter the illumination is 150Lx. If the bulb is moved to a new location the illumination is increased to 300Lx. Determine:
    a) the new bulb location
    b) the intensity of the bulb
    c) The luminous flux of the bulb
    d) the luminous efficiency of the bulb


    *note : use E=I/D^2, and P=I(4pi)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rebecca - here at felix's daily starfish and waffles, we aim to please. Check back periodically for more episodes of your new favorite reality series, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eradicatttooorrr: what kind of a comment is that? Sounds like something that would come from a person who totally sucked at racquetball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two words, Head Crusher. NE-RD!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny. So, so funny! So funny that I almost fell outta my chair laughing! Who needs TV when i have this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a riot. I highly recommend it to every man, woman, and child on this planet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. dude haha my name is Bridgette and one of my best friends names is ur daughters namee soo it was kinda cool tht I found thiss(:

    ReplyDelete