Tuesday, July 05, 2005

a cold drink for the dog days of summer

Don't get me wrong, I love summer and hot, sunny weather ... but there is some inevitable downside when one lives in an old, south-facing, downtown, red brick apartment that's devoid of air conditioning. Man, is it ever melting hot in my apartment. Even though it's almost midnight, it still feels like an oven in here. I think this calls for a cold drink.

Below is a recipe for a refreshing beverage I concocted one night not long ago when I was bored and drinking at home - alone. (In case you're wondering, no, I don't have a drinking problem. Well, not much of one).

Star Martini
0.67 oz. Gin
0.67 oz. Sweet Vermouth
1.35 oz. Apple Juice
1.35 oz. Orange Juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass with ice cubes. Add a Maraschino cherry. Garnish with a slice of starfruit.

With its fresh fruit flavors and relatively light alcohol content, the Star Martini is the perfect drink for a hot summer's night. Also recommended with a slice of dingobear classic pizza or for a nightcap with your special lady friend. Now this is living. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. awsome! another way to promote against my drinking problem! in other news, my microwave totally owned the living hell outta me yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could microwave your rampant alcoholism?

    Sincerely,
    dingobear

    ReplyDelete