Tuesday, April 12, 2005

apples

Mmmm ... apples. Crunchy, sweet, good for you. Come in variety of colors: red, green, even gold. Tasty in pies or baked with sugar and cinnamon. You can even huck them at people you don't like. A truly versatile fruit.

Apple computers, however, I've never been so sure about. But I'm about to find out. My new Apple Mac mini arrived in the mail from California yesterday. In a box no bigger than the bright yellow lunchbox I used to take to school everyday, no less. And the box even had a handle! Well done, Apple.

About the computer: I can't get over how incredibly small and quiet it is. If I were a true techie, I'm sure I'd marvel over the genius of the engineering involved here but I'm not, so I'll just say it looks very, very cool. The mini is a svelte 6.5" x 6.5" x 2" square with rounded corners, encased in a brushed silver metallic case, complete with ubiquitous Apple logo on top. And how does it run? The only things I can surmise thus far is that it plays my mp3 music collection beautifully and I'm somehow managing to blog what you're reading right now, so no worries, right? But as for Mac OS X and the rest, that may take awhile to figure out ...

In the meantime, feel free to grab an apple to bite into, sit down, stay awhile and relax.

felix's daily starfish and waffles: now powered by the Apple Mac mini.


My new Apple mac mini. It's really cool. Almost as cool as the bear. I took this grainy picture with my Sony Ericsson T610 camera phone.

5 comments:

  1. The man in the yellow hat23 May, 2005 23:06

    A versitile fruit indeed. And to think this fruit and almost every other thing on our planet we deem earth" is made out of the periodical element "carbon" #6 on the periodic table of elements, atomic mass of apporoximately 12.011 grams. Carbon, the eky to the future and our origin.....then again, wut do i know? I try to keep a curious african monkey out fo mischief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Where's Curious George?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are we not talking about the bear and mini? I'm lost here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, we can get back on topic. Do you think it was the bear who took the bite out the apple? I asked him and he won't give me a straight answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The original Woh Woh! Mozza burger!

    ReplyDelete